ATP & WTA Tennis Schedule 2022 (Updated)
ATP & WTA Tennis Schedule 2022: The tennis season will start later than normal in 2022 due to the quarantine needed and coronavirus guidelines which should be followed by Players, Staff, and ATP & WTA officials.
There are different men’s (ATP) and women’s (WTA) tour organizations in professional tennis. The ATP & WTA have decided to announce tour dates and details in bits and pieces for the 2022 season, by keeping in mind the increased travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine rules set out by local governments.
The ATP had earlier announced the schedule for the first 7 weeks and now has released the schedule for the weeks 8 to 13 also. While the WTA has only announced their tour schedule for the first 7 weeks of the season.
The Australian Open is scheduled to commence on 8 February with the men’s AO qualifying scheduled for Doha on 10-13 January.
ATP & WTA Tennis Schedule 2022
The opening week of the Men’s Tennis season will kick off with the ATP 250 Delray Beach Open, along with a new one-year ATP 250 hard court license tour in Antalya, Turkey.
The Women’s tennis season will begin at the Abu Dhabi WTA Women’s Tennis Open, from 5 to 13 January at Zayed Sports City International Tennis Centre.
Here is the complete ATP & WTA Tennis schedule for 2022:
- ATP Delray Beach Open (January 5-13)
- WTA Abu Dhabi Open (January 5-13)
- ATP Antalya Open (January 5-13)
- Australian Open Qualifiers (Doha/Dubai) (January 10-13)
- ATP Cup (February 1-5)
- ATP Adelaide (Melbourne-1) (January 31-February 6)
- WTA Melbourne-1 (February 1-6)
- ATP 250 (Melbourne-2) (January 31-February 6)
- WTA Melbourne-2 (February 1-6)
- Australian Open (February 8-21)
- WTA Melbourne-3 (February 15-21)
- ATP Cordoba Open (February 20-28)
- ATP Montpellier Open (February 21-28)
- New ATP 250 TBA (February 22-28)
- New ATP 250 TBA (March 1-7)
- ATP Rotterdam Open (February 27-March 7)
- ATP Buenos Aires Open (February 27-March 7)
- ATP Doha Open (March 6-13)
- ATP Santiago Open (March 6-14)
- ATP Marseille Open (March 7-14)
- WTA Acapulco Open (March 13-20)
- ATP Acapulco Open (March 13-20)
- ATP Dubai Open (March 13-20)
- Miami Open (March 22-April 4)
ATP & WTA Tennis Tour 2022 are canceled or postponed
Given the impact of COVID-19, the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells will not be held on its normal dates in March. Alternative dates are being discussed for the upcoming tournament to take place later in the year. Other tournaments that have been either cancelled or postponed are:
- ASB Classic (Auckland) (cancelled)
- New York Open (cancelled)
- Tata Maharashtra Open (Pune) (cancelled)
- WTA 250 Auckland (cancelled)
- WTA 250 Shenzhen (cancelled)
- Rio Open (postponed)