43+ Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete All Day (Warehouse Shoes)
What are the best shoes to wear when you walk on concrete all day?
If you are standing or walking on concrete for the whole day, your feet might get hurt. In order to protect your feet, you need good shoes. Nowadays there are a large number of shoes available in the market that provide comfort and are elite in design.
In this article, we have found out the top 20 shoes for walking on concrete all day.
1. Columbia Men’s Waterproof Boot – Best Overall
Columbia shoes are available in leather, suede or mesh. The shoes are highly versatile and do not put pressure on pockets. The rubber sole of the shoes makes it favorable for people who walk on concrete on a regular basis.
Furthermore, a 1.5-inch heel also keeps you slightly elevated from the ground, further adding to shock absorption. They provide great comfort and support throughout the day. Columbia men’s waterproof boots are available in sizes 7 to 17.
2. Skechers Men’s Afterburn Memory-Foam Lace-Up Sneaker – Best for Warehouse Workers
Skechers made this footwear with traction and rubber soles. These shoes provide a great grip if you are working in rainy and concrete conditions. The shoes have a memory form to provide comfort to feet.
Adding to it, the shoes have a 2-inch heel to provide additional shock absorption from concrete floors. The shoes are available in sizes 6.5 to 16.
3. Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 – Best for Waitresses
The shoes are one of the most comfortable shoes for walking on concrete. It is available in various colours. The lightweight shoes help in reducing pressure on the feet.
Goga Max high rebound footbed is the most impressive feature of the shoes. This footbed is designed to absorb shocks as you walk around on concrete, eliminating ankle pain.
4. Zyen Women’s Comfortable Walking Shoes – Most Comfortable
These shoes are a great choice for concrete walking. The 0.59-inch platform makes them ideal for those with flat feet. Extra cushioning prevents your feet from pounding against hard concrete floors.
Zyen Women’s Comfortable Walking Shoes are available in sizes 5.5 to 10. The elastic fibre of the shoes provides more flexibility to it.
5. New Balance Women’s Athletic Walking Shoe – Best for Standing All Day
These shoes are designed with shock-absorbing cushioning. It helps in preventing injuries. The unique feature of these shoes is that they are available in narrow, wide and extra-wide fits.
The shoes are available in sizes 5 to 12. It is one of the best choices for concrete surfaces that are slippery.
6. Brooks Addiction Walker 2 – Best for Bad Weather
Much like the original Brooks Walker, this edition of walking shoes provides you with extra support for overpronation. Brooks Addiction Walker 2s supportive construction and design make them an excellent pair of shoes for all daily routines that require a lot of standing and walking.
This pair offers various slip-resistant characteristics and keeps you sure-footed on concrete, wood, or tiles. The upper is made of leather, does not absorb moisture, and is quite easy to clean. It is not the best choice for warm weather, but it will serve you excellently during colder days and damp conditions and weather.
7. HOKA ONE ONE Bondi SR
Hoka One One is an extension to a very popular Bondi series of running and walking shoes. It provides you with excellent cushioning, and it is designed to suit the numerous everyday activities that require you to stand and walk a lot.
It does a superb job of keeping you comfortable on the road, concrete, and tile surfaces. Hoka One One Bondi uses premium materials to grant you a suitable walking experience. The American Podiatric Medical Association praises these shoes, and they acknowledge this pair as highly beneficial for foot health.
8. Reebok Ridgerider Leather 6.0 Walking Shoe
Reebok Ridgerider 6.0 is a versatile and affordable walking shoe that is equipped with features that can withstand numerous weather and environmental conditions. This shoe provides you with important elements such as grippy outsoles, comfy fit, durable construction, and water-resistant upper.
It is an all-day walking shoe as much as it is suitable for trail walking. Reebok Ridgerider 6.0 is perfect for individuals that enjoy walks on multiple surfaces such as concrete, tiles, or wood. The shoe perfectly combines breathability and water resistance and grants you all-day cushioned comfort.
9. Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe – Best for Plantar Fasciitis
Ryka Devotion Plus 2 walking shoe is a model that was re-released multiple times over the course of years with no significant changes in construction and features since they did not want to change the formula that kept numerous customers satisfied.
This model provides you with superb underfoot cushioning and flexibility. It features a contoured footbed that grants you arch support and reduces pressure under the heel and forefoot areas, ensuring a prolonged comfy feel during your walks. The outsole is made of rubber and largely helps with side-to-side mobility.
10. Reebok Men’s Ever Road DMX Walking Shoe
Reebok Ever Road DMXs are created to provide you with ample underfoot comfort and suitable walks. Its plush cushioning is suitable for both athletic walking and casual urban walks in your neighborhood.
These shoes have lightweight nature and are very stable and budget-friendly. Their upper has a form-fitting design, and it is quite thin for extra comfort throughout prolonged uses. It is equipped with a multisurface outsole grip that is made of durable rubber, which ensures wear resistance on concrete pavements.
When shopping for shoes for walking on concrete, you should always look for a comfortable, stylish pair that will not break your budget limits. We have listed some guidelines you should follow when making this purchase to help you get the best value for your money’s worth in the section below.
One of the most important things you should consider when purchasing an adequate pair of walking shoes is definitely comfort. There are multiple aspects that go into this, such as breathability and cushioning.
Insoles bear huge significance since it is what your foot rests on when wearing the shoe. The mesh is a must as far as breathability goes, especially if you plan to wear the shoe in a warm environment.
Although style is not the most important when it comes to purchasing a suitable pair of walking shoes, it still plays a big role. For example, if you require a lot of support, you might want to opt for boot style. In case you seek something more practical, you should opt for a slip-on, which is very good for casual walks and exercise.
Stability is one of the vital factors to consider when buying a pair of walking shoes for concrete. You will likely spend several hours a day in these shoes, and if you walk on concrete during that period, stability is a big factor.
Stability mostly comes from the sole of the shoe, so you should look for a pair that has slip-resistant technology. Rubber and synthetic soles are also great solutions, and they provide you with high-end stability.
Last but not least, support is a very important factor to consider. A high level of support can prevent joint pain and, in some situations, can even prevent your feet from getting tired. The collar and the insole are directly connected to the shoe’s support, and therefore should be picked with caution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is standing and walking on concrete bad for your feet?
Standing and walking on hard surfaces such as concrete can hurt not only your feet but your back as well. Since the ground does not flex the same way your foot does, you will feel a lack of support on such surfaces over time. This is why it is important to wear shoes that provide you with sufficient arch support and cushioning.
What makes a good shoe for walking on concrete?
A good shoe for walking concrete should be very comfortable and offer you excellent stability. Look for extra padding around the shoe’s collar, sock liner, and tongue of the shoe.
Is it ok to wear running shoes for walking on concrete?
Absolutely. Running and walking shoes have similar features and qualities that make them ideal for these activities. However, you should make sure that the shoe possesses features that are suitable for walking/running on the concrete surface.
How can I prevent feet pain when standing and walking on concrete?
The first thing you should do is buy a suitable pair of shoes for this particular surface. It is also important to pick an adequate pair of socks since tight ones with holes can cause moisture to build up, leading to inflammations and blistering.
Is memory foam suitable for walking shoes?
Absolutely. It is the best material to prevent your feet from getting hurt when standing and walking on concrete surfaces. It offers suitable softness and cushioning, which makes your movement much more comfortable.
What are the cheapest shoes?
- Feethit Womens Slip On Walking Shoes
- Skechers Work: Bulklin Comp Toe
- Reebok Ever Road DMX 3
- Vionic Baldwin
- Reebok Walk Ultra 7 DMX MAX
- Fila Men’s Memory Workshift-m Shoes
- Propet Stability Laser
- Skechers GOwalk Arch Fit – Iconic
- Skechers Arch Fit Motley – Rolens
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Contend SL Walking Shoes
- Reebok Fusion Flexweave Work
- Skechers Arch Fit
- Reebok Men’s Walk Ultra 7 DMX Max Shoe
- Skechers Arch Fit Banlin
- Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
When you spend a lot of time walking and standing on concrete, you need a suitable pair of shoes. They should offer you excellent cushioning, breathability, traction, and flexibility. Look for comfort, style, and then some.
We hope our article will grant you enough pieces of information to narrow down the research for the best product that will grant you excellent value for your money’s worth. Pay attention to tiny details and features, and look for second opinions and reviews because this purchase is highly important not only for your looks but also for comfort and health.
Take a look at some of the best selling shoes on Amazon this season:
- These shoes have a performance fit. We recommend ordering a 1/2 size bigger than your typical NB size.
- Midsole Cushioning: These New Balance sneakers feature a REVlite midsole that delivers incredibly lightweight cushioning and provides a responsive...
- Underfoot Comfort: With an NB Memory Sole Comfort Insert that offers a plush feel with every step, this everyday shoe for women was made for wearing...
- Sleek Design and Supportive Fit: Stay comfortable and stylish as you go about your day with the contemporary bootie design. The bootie upper...
- Lightweight Feel: The modern, eye-catching upper on these cross-trainers uses mesh and synthetic materials for a super lightweight feel that helps...
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Get the maximum comfort and cushioning for athletic walking with the Skechers GOwalk Max. Mesh fabric upper with cushioned, supportive sole design....
- UPPER: Super lightweight mesh fabric upper for ideal fit. Solid weave mesh fabric toe and heel panels for stability. Synthetic overlay at laces for...
- MIDSOLE/CUSHION: 5GEN sole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact. Skechers GOwalk Max midsole...
- INSOLE: Goga Max technology insole for maximum support and cushioning. Features high-rebound cushioning with responsive feedback. Combines a...
- MACHINE WASHABLE shoe design - wash on gentle cycle cold, hang to air dry. WEIGHT: Radically lightweight 7 1/2 oz. in a men's size 9.
- GEL Technology - Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Engineered mesh upper improves airflow -
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- Flex grooves in the outsole improve flexibility -
- Synthetic stitching on the overlays improves support -
- Skin-friendly material: Stretchy, comfort foot-hugging knit offer the breathability&flexibility no matter you wear the socks or not.
- Energycloud midsole: Combined Energycloud midsole and outsole for step-in comfort and superior cushioning,let each step of your move all relaxed.
- Comfy Sockliner: A cushiony, moisture wicking, and odor reducing insole supports the feet arches and it doesn't put too much pressure on your feet.
- Basic and Fashionable Slip On Look: The shoelace makes this womens sneakers adjustable for your feet, an easy slip on and off closure design, comes in...
- Features: Vegan footwear, created using synthetic and plant-based materials,Machinewashable,walking on for any occasions:walking, running, workout,...
- Lightweight and flexible
- Responsive 5Gen cushioning
- Skechers Goga Max high rebound insole
- Breathable mesh upper
- Soft fabric lining and padded collar
- Wide-Toe-box & High-Instep Design: Including extended room for free movement of the toes, FitVille shoes is designed especially for people with wider...
- Patented PropelCore Sole: Provides your feet with both great support and unprecedented cushioning thus maximizes comfort and minimizes foot fatigue.
- Premium-Quality & Wear-Resistance : Durable suede & mesh fabric upper ensures your feet stay dry and comfortable all day.
- Non-slip Outsole : Rigid rubber outsoles give added gripping and motion stability.
- Heel & Knee Pain Relief: The shock absorption pads ease your bounce and the solid heel ring makes your steps steady, which will make you feel less...
- Stretchy, mesh running shoes with extra cushioning for all-day comfort
- Stretchable mesh upper for breathability
- Combined Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for step-in comfort and superior cushioning
- Cloudfoam memory sockliner molds to the foot for superior step-in comfort
- Sock-like construction hugs the foot
- Leather and synthetic upper
- Designed for: Professional use
- DMX Ride+ long-lasting, cushioned foam midsole supports your stride from heel to forefoot
- MemoryTech foam sockliner for a responsive feel and cushioning
- Oil-resistant, anti-slip rubber outsole
- Cushioned Running Shoes: ABZORB midsole technology in this runner absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance, and...
- Built-In Off-Road Technology: Toe Protect technology helps protect feet from rocks, roots and debris, while AT Tread on the outsole provides versatile...
- Plush, Cushioned Running Shoes: These runners feature lightweight injection-molded EVA foam midsoles to provide lightweight cushioning and an NB Soft...
- Built to Last: With an all-over durable construction and an aggressive lugged outsole, these trail running shoes are designed to stand up to all of...
- Athletic Aesthetic: With synthetic and mesh uppers that deliver breathability and a top-quality fit, these running shoes also boast a stylish look to...