Indian Boxing Olympics 2022 Schedule, Draws, Time & Live Streaming
India will be contesting in the Boxing tournament of the Tokyo Olympics 2022. Nine Boxers from India will represent the country in the current edition of the Olympics. After missing out on all medals in the 2016 Olympics, the Indian contingent will be eyeing the podium in Tokyo Olympics 2022. Here’s everything you need to know about India’s Boxing Olympics 2022 schedule that includes dates, time and live streaming details.
Tokyo Olympics 2022 India Boxing Team
The Indian Boxing Contingent will have 9 boxers at the Tokyo Olympics, the largest ever contingent for Indian Boxing. The team consists of 5 male and 4 female boxers.
Indian men’s boxing side comprises of current World no.1 Amit Panghal (52kg), Manish Kaushik (63kg), Vikas Krishan (69kg), Ashish Kumar (75kg), and Satish Kumar (+91kg).
Indian Women’s boxing team includes 6 times World Champion and Indian Boxing legend Mary Kom(51kg), Simranjit Kaur (60kg), Lovlina Borgohain (69kg), and Pooja Rani (75kg).
Indian Boxing Olympics 2022 Schedule
Tokyo Olympics 2022 Boxing matches are scheduled to be held from 24 July to 8 August 2022
|8:00 AM: Women’s Welterweight Round of 32 (Lovlina Borgohain)|
|9:54 AM: Men’s Welterweight Round of 32 (Vikas Krishan)|
|7:30 AM: Women’s Flyweight Round of 32 (Mary Kom)|
|8:48 AM: Men’s Lightweight Round of 32 (Manish Kaushik)|
|7:30 AM: Men’s Flyweight Round of 32 (Amit Panghal)|
|9:06 AM: Men’s Middleweight Round of 32 (Ashish Kumar)|
|7:30 AM: Men’s Welterweight Round of 16 (Vikas Krishan – if qualifies)|
|9:36 AM: Women’s Lightweight Round of 32 (Simranjit Kaur)|
|10:09 AM: Women’s Welterweight Round of 32 (Lovlina Borgohain – if qualifies)|
|8:00 AM: Women’s Middleweight Round of 16 (Pooja Rani)|
|7:30 AM: Men’s Middleweight Round of 16 (Ashish Kumar – if qualifies)|
|8:33 AM: Men’s Super Heavyweight Round of 16 (Satish Kumar)|
|9:36 AM: Women’s Flyweight Round of 16 (Mary Kom – if qualifies)|
|7:30 AM: Women’s Lightweight Round of 16 (Simranjit Kaur – if qualifies)|
July 31 to August 8:
All Categories (Final Rounds and Medal Matches – if boxers qualify)
- Amit Panghal, Satish Kumar, Simranjit Kaur, and Lovlina Borgohain have received byes into the pre-quarterfinals of Tokyo Olympics 2022.
- Amit Panghal will play his first match directly on July 31 in the last-16-stage against the winner between Botswana’s Mahommed Rajab Otukile and Colombia’s Herney Rivas Martinez.
- IndianBoxing legend MC Mary Kom (51kg) will commence her Tokyo Olympics campaign against Dominican boxer Miguelina Hernandez on July 25 followed by Colombian third seed Lorena Victoria Valencia
- Lovlina Borgohain (69kg) will face Germany’s Nadine Apetz in her opening clash.
- Pooja Rani (75kg) will face Algeria’s Ichrak Chaib in her opening match and will square off against China’s second seed Li Qian if she progresses.
- Satish Kumar (+91kg) will face Jamaica’s Ricardo Brown in the pre-quarters and top seeded Bakhodir Jalolov of Uzbekistan if he qualifies.
- Simranjit Kaur (60kg) will lock heads against Thailand’s Sudaporn Seesondee in the pre-quarters.
Ryōgoku Kokugikan Sumo Stadium, Heritage zone, will host all Boxing matches of the Tokyo Olympics 2022.
Indian Boxing Tokyo Olympics Live Streaming
India Olympics Boxing Medal history
India has won 2 Olympic medals to date, and the contingent will be eyeing to add more medals in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics 2022. The country’s hopes will primarily rely on six-time world champion and legend Mary Kom and current world number one Amit Panghal.
|Beijing Olympics 2008||Vijender Singh||Bronze Medal|
|London Olympics 2012||MC Mary Kom||Bronze Medal|