Jorge Masvidal Net Worth 2023
According to media reports, Jorge Masvidal net worth is around $10 million.
Jorge Masvidal’s journey to UFC’s top is popularly referred to as the “rags to riches” story. Masvidal had a rough childhood as his father was sentenced to prison for more than twenty years as he was convicted for Manslaughter and Drug Trafficking. He ranked at No. 4 in the UFC welterweight rankings as of 2023.
Masvidal was often involved in street fighting and later on practiced wrestling and mixed martial arts. Jorge reckons he used to sleep in his Car and Gym for two months during his initial kickboxing days.
The American fighter made his professional MMA debut with a win over Brandon Bledsoe in May 2003. Masvidal joined the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2012, and his ring name is “Gamebred.” The 35-year-old competes in the welterweight and lightweight division.
Jorge’s UFC record shows 12 wins and six losses, the Gamebred currently is on a three wins streak. Jorge had shocked the world when he set the record for the fastest knockout win ever in UFC’s history. He knocked out Ben Askren with a flying knee in just 5 seconds of the match at UFC 239.
Jorge Masvidal Net Worth
The Gamebred was praised by the United States president, Donald Trump himself, for his extraordinary fighting style and entertaining skills. Jorge Masvidal’s net worth is estimated at $10 million according to reports.
Masvidal’s upcoming fight is against Kamaru Usman at UFC 261 for the UFC welterweight championship. He has fought against many popular fighters including Nate Diaz, Ben Askren and Demian Maia.
Masvidal’s Career Earnings in MMA
- The “Gamebred” started his pro MMA career with Strikeforce, where he earned around a total of around $250,000.
- After Joining UFC, he started making more money; in 2013, he earned around $102,000 in purse winnings with an additional $103,000 in bonuses.
- In 2014 Masvidal earned $120,000 in payouts and around $125,000 in bonuses. The following year he had a boost in purse value after spectacular performances; his earnings showed $287,000, including $107,000 in bonuses and a Reebok Sponsorship paying him $20,000.
- In 2016 Jorge pocketed around $175,000 and $110,000. He also got additional $30,000 from his Reebok endorsement.
- In 2017 Masvidal made $180,000 in earnings.
- In 2018 Jorge Masvidal took a break from pro-MMA to feature in a Spanish reality Show “Exatlon Estados Unidos” he was paid $26,000 for competing for 13 weeks in the show.
- In 2019, The Gamebred made a return and made around $930,000 from his fights against Darren Till( $66,000 purse + $180,000 bonus), Ben Askren ( $100,000 purse + $65,000 bonus) and his highest purse ($500,000), resthe received from his Reebok endorsement deal.
- Though he lost his 2023 UFC 251 fight against Kamaru Usman, he was paid around $280,000.
- The earning of Jorge Masvidal per fight increased to $500,000 in 2023.