The Best 5 PDF Editors for Windows Recommended
PDFs are one of the most used document formats and, rightly so, the most convenient. However, while used in most workforces and for legal documentation, there is one particular drawback that even PDF holds.
What is it? Well, the inability to make edits, of course. While the documents don’t allow this feature, several third-party software’s do. Want to know what are they? Hop on below.
5 Best PDF Editors for Windows Recommended
There is no denying that life would have been easier if PDF itself allowed editing in the documents. However, for years the software did not make such an upgrade, so several third-party software came forward with a solution.
Today, many PDF editors allow users to not only make edits but also provide several unique other features. Some of the best free PDF editors Windows that you can choose are:
Compatible with Windows and Mac OS, UPDF is one of the best PDF editors Windows you can get your hands on. This particular software contains a list of some exceptionally high-quality features when it comes to editing.
With the ability to insert and edit text, insert and delete images, annotation, and highlights, there is so much this software offers. However, it has its pros and cons too.
- One thing all users look for in a software is convenience and affordability. UPDF provides just that and hence is fantastic software to use.
- The user interface is friendly, easy to use, and up-to-date, unlike many of its other competitors.
- Available on a wide array of platforms except for Windows and hence can be used on many devices.
- Efficient in working and hence saves one a lot of time.
- UPDF allows PDFs to be converted into ten different kinds of formats. The Optical Recognition (OCR) tool converts scanned documents into editable forms.
- Nothing else.
The editor is free of cost for editing one file per day. The subscription cost of full access happens to $29.99/year (most cost-effective).
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is one of the most trusted editors in the PDF editing world. This allows users to make several changes and edits to the downloaded or already present PDF file on their computers. This particular software allows users to edit their texts by inserting, deleting, and even cropping out words, images, and other material on the PDF file.
If this software intrigued you, why not learn its pros and cons?
- It allows users to save documents and all edits and comments.
- Extremely user-friendly, and users can pick its dynamic instantly
- Customer support is pretty straightforward and hence is highly popular among users
- Allows integration with other adobe applications as well.
- While many find it easy to use, a specific percentage finds it difficult too.
With a yearly price of $155.88.
3. Foxit PDF Reader
Foxit PDF Reader is supported on Windows, macOS, Cloud OS, and several other devices. This software comes in three categories: basic, pro, and pro plus, each giving out additional and unique features. However, while this PDF editor for Windows is impressive to use, it also has its pros and cons that you should know.
If you plan on purchasing this software, here are the advantages and disadvantages you should keep in check.
- The software holds a user-friendly interface and allows several customizations processing according to users’ needs.
- The software can handle huge documents like eBooks without lagging or rendering much.
- It allows integration with productivity softwares for editing purposes.
- Free download and Installation on Windows devices
- While it is free for Windows, Mac OS users will have to purchase the software after a free trial.
Free for Windows. Mac users must pay $75/annually for the basic version.
Compatible on Windows and several other devices, the Smallpdf is pretty cute software to look at in terms of aesthetics. However, its functionality is just as great. This software is a one-stop shop for all features, from adding in texts, shapes, and pictures to merging multiple PDFs.
Before purchasing it, though, why not go through its pros and cons once?
- The software is convenient and pretty easy to use. Hence many people opt for it.
- It allows users to quickly convert PDF files into word documents and JPG files into PDF ones.
- The software merges the PDF file if it exceeds the standard limit to be sent somewhere without losing the document’s quality.
- Its features and easiness to use give it an outstanding value for money.
- The start over button that needs to access after one function is over to start a new function is hidden a bit.
Yearly Plan: $108 USD
5. PDF Architect
Another great one on the list, which is not only compatible with Windows but several other devices, is PDF Architect. This PDF editor lets users stay updated with several unique features that make editing PDF files a piece of the cake. However, before blindly purchasing this software, we suggest taking a thorough look at its pros and cons.
- It is customizable according to your preference.
- Very easy to use, and hence many people opt for it.
- It offers a powerful reviewing module
- Editing tools are excellent and very convenient to use.
- Separate prices for the version with OCR
The prices vary for the version of software you choose.
Pro + OCR: $129/annually
PDF editors for sure have made work life more manageable. With just one great software, users can make massive changes and minor edits to the document without hassle.