La Liga Prize Money 2022: How Much Will Winner Club Earn?
Spanish Football league which is popularly known as Spanish La Liga is considered to be one of the best league in the world. The league features two of the best teams in the world, Real Madrid and Barcelona. As per the reports, the total La Liga prize money is estimated to be around €1.85bn.
Barcelona has Messi who is the highest earning football player in the world. On the other hand, Real Madrid has Gareth Bale, who is one of the highest-earning football players. It means that this is league is full of big money.
La Liga’s TV rights deal increased the club’s income compared to the last few seasons. In the previous distribution model, the big clubs used to get a large percentage which created lots of imbalance in the league as the low ranked team was struggling with their financial problem.
The current season will have a more balanced distribution of La Liga tv money and central sponsorship money and lower ranked team will also be able to make the good amount of money. However, the two giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are will pocket usual earnings.
Spanish La Liga Prize Money Distribution
- 10% of the total money will be given to division 2 teams. This will help the small teams to produce young and brilliant talents.
- The remaining 90% of the La Liga prize money will be distributed among the teams in la Liga.
- Equal Share: 50 % of the remaining money will be distributed equally among the 20 teams in la Liga.
- Merit Money: 25% of the amount will be distributed among the clubs on the basis of their position in the last 5 years.
- Resources Generation: 25% of the amount will be given to the club on the basis of the resource generating capacity and the fan base.
In the new system, the bottom-ranked teams will also make more than 50 million pounds while the top-ranked teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid will continue to make more than 150 million pounds.
La Liga Prize Money 2022
|2||Real Madrid||€154 million|
|3||Atletico Madrid||€115 million|
|4||Sevilla FC||€85 million|
|7||Real Sociedad||€73 million|
|10||Athletic Club||€65 million|
|14||Real Betis||€55 million|
|16||Celta Vigo||€52.5 million|
|18||RCD Mallorca||€50 million|