ISL 2022-21 Prize Money: How Much Do ISL Winners & Runner up Earns
The Hero Indian Super League (ISL) is India’s recognized top professional league. The 2022-21 season of the Indian Super League is scheduled to commence from 20 November 2022 and end by March 2022. The winners of ISL get winners trophy with a cash prize of $1.01 Million (Rs 8 crore) along with participation in the AFC Champions League. AIFF is expected to decrease the ISL 2022-21 prize money due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This year all matches will be hosted in three venues across Goa behind closed doors in the wake of the COVID19 pandemic in India. The three venues announced by ISL are:
- Fatorda Stadium in Margao
- GMC Athletic Stadium in Bambolim
- Tilak Maidan Stadium in Vasco da Gama.
Last season champions ATK will look to defend their title and profit from their new merger with I-league top-flight club Mohun Bagan. Click here to know the ISL 2022/21 schedule
ISL 2022-21 Prize Money
The total prize pool for the 2022-21 season of the Indian Super League (ISL) has been decided to be approximately $2.02 million. The prize money purse breakdown is :
- Winners/Champions – $1.01 Million (approximately Rs. 8 crores)
- Runner ups – $540,650 (approximately Rs. 4 crores )
- Semi – Finalists – $202,500 (approximately Rs. 1.5 crores)
It will be awarded to each of the two losing teams in the Semi-Finals.
The rest of the remaining prize money purse will be distributed among the various individual award winners at the end of the season.
Indian Super League (ISL) Season Awards
- The team with the Best Pitch will be awarded the Best Pitch Award and a cash prize of $13,500 ( approximately ₹10 lakh)
- The player with most goals at the end of the season will be awarded the Golden Boot and a cash prize of $4,500 (approximately ₹3 lakhs)
- The Goalkeeper with highest mins per goal ratio will win the Golden Glove award and a cash prize of $4,500 (approximately ₹3 lakhs)
- The player with the best individual stats will win the Hero of the League Award and a cash prize of $6,800 (approximately ₹5 lakhs)
- The best young Indian player of the season is awarded the Emerging Player of the League and cash prize of $3,400 (approximately ₹2.5 lakhs)
- The player who performed the best assist or creative pass of the season wins the Winning Pass of the League and cash prize of $1,380 (approximately ₹1 lakh)
- The player who has the highest fitness levels on the pitch throughout the season wins the Fittest Player of the League award and cash prize of $3,400 ( approximately ₹2.5 lakhs)
This year ISL Teams won’t receive much income through match tickets as all matches are hosted behind closed doors. Thus the only gain would be through sponsorships and match awards. These awards are received after every game.
- The winning team of the match will receive a Match Bonus of $680 (approximately ₹50,000)
- The Best player of the game will win the Man of the Match award and $680 (about ₹50,000)
- The game-changing move of the match will be awarded Moment of the Match award, and the player will receive $350 (approximately ₹25,000)
- The player who performs the best pass or assists will win the Winning Pass of the Match award and a cash prize of $350 (about ₹25,000)
- The Fittest Player of the Match will receive a cash prize of $350 (about ₹25,000)
- The best young Indian player of the match will be awarded the Emerging Player of the Match award and $350 (about ₹25,000)
Past ISL Winners List
- 2014 ISL Season: ATK FC
- 2015 ISL Season: Chennaiyin FC
- 2016 ISL Season: ATK FC
- 2017-18 ISL Season: Chennaiyin FC
- 2018-19 ISL Season: Bengaluru FC
- 2018-19 ISL Season: Bengaluru FC
- 2019-20 ISL Season: ATK FC
Note: All information regarding the ISL 2022-21 season is acquired from several trusted sources. If any ISL prize money pay-cuts or changes are announced, details will be updated here.