Euro 2023 Schedule: Full Fixtures, Groups, Host, Venues & Timings
International football is all set to resume with Euro 2023 football tournament fater it was postponed due to global pandemic. It’s time for soccer fans to witness International action after a long wait. Euro 2023 schedule is out, the cup is set to begin from Friday, 11 June and will end with the final on 11 July 2023. Ahead of the event, here is all the information you need to know such as Euro 2023 fixtures, groups, host, venues and kick-off timings.
The UEFA Euro 2023 will be the 16th edition of the competition and will determine new continental champions of Europe. Portugal is the defending champion having won the previous competition in 2016.
Euro 2023 Schedule
Euro 2023 was scheduled to begin in June 2023 but because of the pandemic, it was postponed by a year. The tournament will now be held from 11 June 2023 to 11 July 2023 across 11 different countries in Europe. Even though the competition is in 2023, it will be referred as ‘Euro 2023’.
UEFA has announced the stadiums that will host the fixtures. The opening match will be played in the Stadio Olympico in Rome, Italy. Both the Semi Finals and The Final will be played at the Wembley Stadium, London. These are the 11 venues set to host the matches.
|Euro 2023 Venue|
|Stadio Olimpico, Rome|
|Olympic Stadium, Baku|
|St Petersburg Stadium, Saint Petersburg|
|Parken Stadium, Copenhagen|
|Johan Cruijff Arena, Amsterdam|
|National Arena, Bucharest|
|Wembley Stadium, London|
|Hampden Park, Glasgow|
|Estadio la Cartuja, Seville|
|Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg,|
|Fußball Arena Munchen, Munich|
Each group will have 2 host cities and all the group matches of that group will be played on the two host grounds.
- Group A: Rome (Italy) and Baku (Azerbaijan)
- Group B: Saint Petersburg (Russia) and Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Group C: Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Bucharest (Romania)
- Group D: London (England) and Glasgow (Scotland)
- Group E: Seville (Spain) and Saint Petersburg (Russia)
- Group F: Munich (Germany) and Budapest (Hungary)
Euro 2023 Teams
From the 55 member nations of UEFA, 24 teams will compete in the Euro 2023 after going through a qualification process. All 24 teams have qualified and will compete.
Out of the qualified teams, 19 featured in the 2016 Euros. Finland and North Macedonia are the debutants in the competition. Netherlands and Denmark are back again after not qualifying in the last competition.
Groups & Fixtures-
The 24 qualified teams will be divided into 6 groups of 4 teams each.
Group A Turkey, Italy , Wales, Switzerland
Group B: Denmark (hosts), Finland, Belgium, Russia (hosts)
Group C: Netherlands (hosts), Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia
Group D: England (hosts), Croatia, Scotland (hosts), Czech Republic
Group E: Spain (hosts), Sweden, Poland, Slovakia
Group F : Hungary (hosts), Portugal , France, Germany (hosts)
Euro Fixtures 2023
The group stages will take place from 11 June 2023 to 23 June 2023. The first match of the Euro 2023 fixtures will be played on 11th June between Turkey and Italy. The last match will be between Portugal vs France on 23 June 2023.
The top two placed teams of each group and 4 best third-placed teams will progress to the knockout stage. The round of 16 matches is from 26 June 2023- 29 June 2023. Quarter-Finals are from 2 July 2023 to 4 July 2023.
The Semi-finals of Euro 2023 will take place on 6th July & 7th July 2023. The final will be played on 11th July 2023.
Group A Fixtures
- June 11 – Turkey v Italy, Stadio Olimpico, Rome
- June 12 – Wales v Switzerland, Olympic Stadium, Baku
- June 16 – Turkey v Wales, Olympic Stadium, Baku, Italy v Switzerland, Stadio Olimpico, Rome
- June 20 – Switzerland v Turkey, Olympic Stadium, Baku, Italy v Wales, Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Group B Fixtures
- June 12 Denmark v Finland, Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Belgium v Russia, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
- June 16 : Finland v Russia, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
- June 17 : Denmark v Belgium, Parken Stadium, Copenhagen
- June 21 : Russia v Denmark, Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Finland v Belgium, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
Group C Fixtures
- June 13: Austria v North Macedonia, Arena Nationala, Bucharest, Netherlands v Ukraine, Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam
- June 17: Ukraine v North Macedonia, Arena Nationala, Bucharest, Netherlands v Austria, Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam
- June 21: North Macedonia v Netherlands, Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam, Ukraine v Austria, Arena Nationala, Bucharest
Group D Fixtures
- June 13: England v Croatia, Wembley Stadium, London
- June 14: Scotland v Czech Republic, Hampden Park, Glasgow
- June 18: Croatia v Czech Republic, Hampden Park, Glasgow, England v Scotland, Wembley Stadium, London
- June 22: Croatia v Scotland, Hampden Park, Glasgow, Czech Republic v England, Wembley Stadium, London
Group E Fixtures
- June 14: Poland v Slovakia, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg, Spain v Sweden, Estadio La Cartuja, Seville
- June 18: Sweden v Slovakia, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
- June 19: Spain v Poland, Estadio La Cartuja, Seville
- June 23: Slovakia v Spain, Estadio La Cartuja, Seville, Sweden v Poland, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
Group F Fixtures
- June 15: Hungary v Portugal, Puskas Arena, Budapest, France v Germany, Allianz Arena, Munich
- June 19: Hungary v France, Puskas Arena, Budapest, Portugal v Germany, Allianz Arena, Munich
- June 23: Portugal v France, Puskas Arena, Budapest, Germany v Hungary, Allianz Arena, Munich
Euro 2023 Fixtures: Round of 16
- June 26 Match 38 – Runner-up Group A vs Runner-up Group B, Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam
- Match 37 – Winner Group A vs Runner-up Group C, Wembley Stadium, London
- June 27 – Match 40 Winner Group C vs 3rd Group D/E/F, Puskas Arena, Budapest
- Match 39 Winner Group B vs 3rd Group A/D/E/F, Estadio La Cartuja, Seville
- June 28 Match 42 – Runner-up Group D vs Runner-up Group E, Parken Stadium, Copenhagen
- Match 41 – Winner Group F vs 3rd Group A/B/C, Arena Nationala, Bucharest
- June 29 – Match 44 – Winner Group D vs Runner-up Group F, Wembley Stadium, London
- Match 43 – Winner Group E vs 3rd Group A/B/C/D, Hampden Park, Glasgow
Euro 2023 Fixtures: Quarter-finals
- July 2 Match 45 – Winner Match 41 vs Winner Match 42, Gazprom Arena, St Petersburg
- Match 46 – Winner Match 39 vs Winner Match 37, Allianz Arena, Munich
- July 3 – Match 47 Winner Match 40 vs Winner Match 38, Olympic Stadium, Baku
- Match 48 – Winner Match 43 vs Winner Match 44, Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Euro 2023 Fixtures: SemiFinals
- July 6 – Match 49 – Winner Match 46 vs Winner Match 45, Wembley Stadium, London
- July 7 – Match 50 – Winner Match 48 vs Winner Match 47, Wembley Stadium, London
Euro 2023 Fixtures: Finals
July 11: Winner Match 49 vs Winner Match 50, Wembley Stadium, London
BBC and ITV will be showing all the games of the tournament in the UK while ABC, ESPN and Univision hold the Euro 2023 live broadcast rights in the USA.