CAF Super League 2024-22 Schedule, Fixtures, Teams and Format
CAF has recently approved the idea of an African Super League. Let us look at the details of the CAF Super League schedule, teams and format.
African Super League has been given the green light after a meeting of CAF in Morocco. Recently the world saw The European Super League fall to the ground after few clubs agreed to be a part of it. The CAF President, Patrice Motsebe, confirmed that the African CAF Super League 2024-22 would be a tournament under the CAF.
Here’s everything you need to know about the CAF Super League 2024-2024 football tournament, including schedule, fixtures, dates, teams and format.
CAF Super League 2024-22 Schedule
The 2024-22 CAF Champions League takes place on September 10, 2024, with the preliminary rounds, while the first-round draw will be made after August 15.
Which teams are playing in the CAF Super League?
As the CAF Super League 2024-22 schedule are finalized, let us look at the possible 20 teams that can be part of the tournament.
Read More On Football: The FIFA Awards 2024, Who Is The Favorite
- Al-Ahly : Ahly are the biggest club in Africa and were also named the club of the century for 1900. As of now, they are close to another CAF Champions League win. Ahly will be the highlight of the Super League.
- SC-Zamalek : Zamalek are 5 times African Champions and their inclusion in the CAF Super League is imminent. Their rivalry with Ahly will attract a lot of fans.
- Wydad Casablanca : Morocco’s most successful club, after Ahly. They won the African Champions League in 2017 and were finalists in 2019.
- Raja Casablanca : Raja are one of the clubs who compete for the top spot regularly. Their inclusion will boost the competition in the Super League.
- Esperance : Back to back wins in Champions League 2018 and 2019, Esperance are Tunisia’s biggest club. A club of their quality cannot be overlooked by CAF.
- Etoile du Sahel
- Mamelodi Sundowns
- Simba SC
- TP Mazembe
- AS Vita Club
- Kaizer Chiefs
- Orlando Pirates
- Club Africain
- USM Alger
- RS Berkane
- Gor Mahia
CAF Super League Format
African Super League will be to bring in more funds. This will ensure the growth of the game and also support help young players come up the ranks. The idea is not yet clear, but CAF will bring the top teams across Africa by the looks of it.
This will get fans all across the continent involved with the sport. More viewers mean more revenue. As the best teams will compete, the quality of football would be better than normal. As for revenue, CAF aims to raise $3billion in 5years.
This will indirectly increase the CAF Super League winner’s prize money, which is rumoured to be 4 times the current African Champions League prize money.