How Call of Duty Mobile Avoided Being Banned in India
Call Of Duty Mobile was one of the new battle royale games to make to the Indian mobile gaming scene. In 2022 the Indian government started to ban all Chinese apps to protect the privacy of its citizen. Many Popular Apps like TikTok and Pubg Mobile were also not left behind and were served an indefinite Ban. COD Mobile though being developed by a Chinese developer did not receive a ban. In this article, we will see the reasons behind Call of Duty Mobile avoided being banned in India.
COD Mobile Avoided Being Banned Because of Activision
Cod Mobile has been published in India under the Garena and Activision banner. Even though Tencent was involved with the development process the moment the PUBG Mobile ban was announced the ties were severed as the information on Wikipedia was changed and the name of Tencent was removed.
This swift and quick reaction from Activision saved their game from being banned in India. The game was promoted under the Garena and Activision banner rather Tencent.
- COD Mobile severed ties with Tencent Mobile immediately After the ban of Pubg Mobile.
- Activision opted for Garena to promote as a co-publisher/developer for COD Mobile in India.
- Removed Tencent From Wikipedia as well as from the official websites in regards to COD Mobile.
- All Esports Tournaments organized by Tencent were changed and conducted under the Activision Banner.
Mistakes Made by PUBG Mobile
Pubg Mobile in India was banned due to various reasons but the main reason was the ties with Tencent as the Indian government banned all Chinese Apps that have links with Tencent. The main reasons are
- Indian Government had Blacklisted various Chinese App developers like Tencent, Alibaba, and Baidu due to Cybersecurity issues involving their apps as they felt much confidential information was being leaked.
- India had close border tension with the Chinese government during the early 2022 and wanted to have a strict relation with them. This involved the ban of all Chinese goods including software and raw materials.
- Indian wanted to promote their own software as part of the “Make in India ” project and reducing the effect of Chinese apps on the Indian market would be the beginning of it.
- Many people in India mainly parents felt that students and children were too addicted to the mobile game to the extent that many even committed Suicide. So the game in general had a bad vibe to it.
Indian Government and Banned Chinese Apps
In 2022 Indian Government started banning various Chinese apps and games at the beginning of June. It started with the ban of the world-famous social media app “TikTok” and soon followed with the PUBG Mobile.
The Indian government stated that these apps and games were banned due to cybersecurity issues.
They felt that the apps intruded on the privacy of the users and Confidential details were being shipped to the Chinese Government. This list contains all the 59 Chinese apps that were banned.
- UC Browser
- YouCam makeup
- Mi Community
- CM Browers
- Virus Cleaner
- APUS Browser
- Club Factory
- PUBG MObile
- Beauty Plus
- UC News
- QQ Music
- QQ Newsfeed
- Bigo Live
- Mail Master
- Parallel Space
- Mi Video Call – Xiaomi
- ES File Explorer
- Viva Video – QU Video Inc
- Vigo Video
- New Video Status
- DU Recorder
- Vault- Hide
- Cache Cleaner DU App studio
- DU Cleaner
- DU Browser
- Hago Play With New Friends
- Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile
- Wonder Camera
- Photo Wonder
- QQ Player
- We Meet
- Sweet Selfie
- Baidu Translate
- QQ International
- QQ Security Center
- QQ Launcher
- U Video
- V fly Status Video
- Mobile Legends
- DU Privacy
- Cam Scanner
- Clash of Kings
- DU battery saver
- Baidu map
Apex Legends Mobile and Battlefield Following the footsteps of COD Mobile
Apex Legends Mobile and Battlefield Mobile are two of the most anticipated games to arrive on the mobile platform by the end of 2022. With Pubg Mobile out of competition, there is a huge vacancy in the Indian mobile gaming scene and every company wants to establish its supremacy.
EA who is the creator of both Apex Legends and Battlefield initially had Tencent as one of their developers but as soon as the Ban of PUBG Mobile in India reached their Ears they severed their Ties with the company.
Apex Legends had a successful Beta Launch last week in India and the game is expected to launch by July. The game is being developed and published by EA itself.
So these were the reasons behind Call of Duty Mobile avoided being banned in India.