MS Dhoni’s net worth 2023: earnings, salary, family, record & contract
MS Dhoni is one of the biggest names in the sports industry. The former Indian cricket team captain holds the record of being the only captain to win all the ICC events. Mahender Singh Dhoni is surely one of the richest sportspersons in India. The 40-year-old currently plays for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL). MS Dhoni’s net worth has increased significantly in the last decade because of his hard work and ability to cash his brand value.
MS Dhoni’s Net Worth: $111 million
As per the reports, the net worth of Mahendra Singh Dhoni is estimated to be around $111 million. MS Dhoni earns a major share of money from cricket only.
Since retiring in 2019, he has invested in several sports teams. However, Dhoni still plays in the IPL. The Chennai Super Kings contracts dhoni for $1.5 million.
READ: Virat Kohli Net Worth 2023: Salary, Earnings, Cars & Endorsements
MS Dhoni Salary and Endorsements
In 2015, Dhoni was ranked 23rd in the list of top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world. His earnings in 2015 were estimated to be $31 million. However, Dhoni failed to break into the top 100 in the year 2017.
Apart from cricket, Dhoni earns a huge sum of money from endorsements. He is the brand ambassador of Aircel, Pepsi, Orient PSPO, Spartan Sports, Reebok, Boost, Amity University, Gulf Oil, Amrapali Group, Ashok Leyland, McDowell’s Soda, Big Bazaar, Exide Batteries, TVS Motors, Sony Bravia, Sonata Watches, Dabur Chyawanprash, Lays Wafers, Lafarge Customer Service and Maxx Mobile. Only Shahrukh Khan has more endorsements than Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Other than this, MS Dhoni has also invested in sports teams such as Chennai based football club Chennaiyin FC, Ranchi based hockey club Ranchi Rays and Supersport World Championship team Mahi Racing Team India.
MS Dhoni Overview
|Source of wealth||Cricket|
|Endorsements||20 (Aircel, Pepsi, Orient PSPO, Spartan Sports, Reebok, Boost, Amity University, Gulf Oil, Amrapali Group, Ashok Leyland, McDowell’s Soda, Big Bazaar, Exide Batteries, TVS Motors, Sony Bravia, Sonata Watches, Dabur Chyawanprash, Lays Wafers, Lafarge Customer Service and Maxx Mobile)|
|Endorsements Earnings||$28 million|
|Charity||Mahendra Singh Dhoni Charitable Trust|
MS Dhoni Awards and Honours
- 2018: Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award
- 2009: Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- 2007–08: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2008, 2009
- World ODI XI: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (captain in 2009, 2011–2014)
- ICC World Test XI: 2009, 2010, 2013
- Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year: 2011
- ICC Men’s ODI team of the decade: 2011 – 2023 (captain and wicketkeeper)
- Men’s T20I team of the decade: 2011 -2020 (captain and wicketkeeper)
- ICC Spirit of the cricket award of the decade: 2011 – 2023