The IPL 2023 Points Table: Teams, Matches, Won, Lost, Tied, NR, Total Points for the Playoffs
The 13th edition of Dream11 Indian Premier League (IPL 2023) begins on September 19 in the UAE.Mumbai alreay reach the playoffs while the three positions are still uncleared. All eight teams are playing in a double round-robin format to be in the top four teams of the IPL 2023 points table to qualify for the Playoffs.
The 2023 IPL is featuring eight teams – Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), Mumbai Indians (MI), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Delhi Capitals (DC) and Rajasthan Royals (RR).
IPL 2023 Points Table
|No.||Indian Premier League||P||W||L||D||NRR||Pts|
|2||Royal Challengers Bangalore||13||7||6||0||-0.145||14|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||7||7||0||-0.214||14|
|6||Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||0||-0.157||12|
|7||Chennai Super Kings||14||6||8||0||-0.455||12|
There will be a 56 round-robin match and the top four teams on IPL 2023 points table are set to qualify for IPL 2023 playoffs.
On each win, the teams get 2 points while the loser gets no points. In the case, the match is abandoned both teams get a 1-1 point.
- A team gets 2 points for a win.
- A team gets 1 point in case the match is abandoned or No Result.
- A team gets zero points in case of a loss.
If the two teams ended the eague phase on the same points on the IPL points table then the position is decided based on the team’s Net Run rate (NRR).
The main aim of each team is to finish the league stage in the top four on the IPL 2023 points table and qualify for the playoffs.
Indian Premier League Points Ranking Method
- 2 points for each match won;
- 1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
- 1 point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
- 0 points for any match lost or forfeited.
- The team with the highest number in the IPL points table shall be at top while the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom.