Aditi Ashok: The Young Golf Prodigy
Aditi Ashok: Indian Golf Player – Biography, Age, Net Worth, Height, Photos, Weight, Parents, World Ranking, Images, Achievements and more.
Aditi is an Indian professional golf player who is starting to make headlines. She is presently the flag bearer of Indian women golf in our country and our present hope for an Olympic medal in Golf. She is the youngest Indian golfer at 19 years, male or female, to have played all majors. Aditi is currently just 22 years old, has a lot left in her tank, and has a bright future ahead in the sporting world.
Early Life and Family
Aditi Ashok was born on 29 March 1998 in Bangalore Karnataka, she first picked up the golf club and started playing when she was just six years old. Her father, Pandit Gudlamani, is the main support force behind her passion for the sport as he is also a Golf player in Indian Domestics. Her father is also her caddie and accompanies her in her tours across the globe. Aditi did her complete schooling at The Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore.
Training and Career Highlights
Aditi joined the Karnataka Golf Association and was trained under Steven Giuliano. At the age of 9, she played her debut tournament in Karnataka Golf Club. Aditi won the Ladies British Amateur tournament at the Aicha tour school in 2016 and is the Indian and the first Indian to do so.
At a young age itself, she started showing promising signs when she finished her amateur career at World Number 11 rank on the World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) and was by far the Best Indian Amateur and Best Asian Amateur. Aditi is a 3 time National Junior Champion (2012, 2013 & 2014) and 2 time National Amateur Champion (2011 & 2014).
2016 was Aditi’s highlight year as she became the first Indian to win a Ladies European Tour title and won the Rookie of the Year award. Also ranking 2nd in Order of Merit at the LET, having a putting average of 28.91. After she participated in the 2016 Olympics, Aditi attracted a lot of media and public response towards herself and also towards Golf.
Tournaments she participated in and her wins are :
- Asian Youth Games (2013)
- Youth Olympic Games (2014)
- Asian Games (2014)
- Espirito Santo Trophy (2012 & 2014)
- USHA Karnataka Junior 2011
- Southern India Junior / Faldo Series Asia – India 2011
- East India Tolly Ladies, All India Championship 2011
- USHA Delhi Ladies 2012
- USHA Army Championship 2012
- All India Junior 2012
- Asia Pacific Junior Championship 2013
- Eastern India Ladies Amateur 2014
- USHA IGU All India Ladies & Girls Championship 2014
- Army Ladies & Junior Championship St Rule Trophy 2015
- Southern India Ladies & Junior Girls Championship 2015
- Ladies’ British Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship 2015
- Thailand Amateur Open 2015
- 2016 Rio Olympics
- 2016 Hero Women’s Indian Open
- Qatar Ladies Open
- LPGA Tour
- Walmart NW Arkansas Championship
- Volunteers of America LPGA Texas Classic
- CP Women’s Open
- 2016 Hero Women’s Indian Open, Qatar Ladies Open
- 2017 Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open
- 2011 Hero Professional Tour Leg 1 as an amateur
- Hero Professional Tour Leg 3 as an amateur
She had a low putting average in 2018 but made a reasonably good comeback in 2019 after ending the year with back-to-back second-place finishes on the Ladies European Tour.
Notable records and Achievements
- Youngest Indian golfer at 19 years, male or female, to have played all majors.
- The youngest golfer at the Rio Olympics (male or female)
- Youngest and Only woman golfer from India to play at the Rio Olympics.
- Won 2016 Rookie of the year award on LET
- Won 2017 Rookie of the year award on LPGA
- Ranked No. 2 on the LET Order of Merit in 2016
- Ranked No. 1 in Putting Average at the LET (28.91) in 2016.
- She is the only golfer in the world to have played four different Games (male or female).
Aditi Ashok’s world ranking is currently 132nd in the Order of Merit.
Indian golfer, Aditi Ashok’s estimated net worth is between $100,000- $1 million with significant earnings of $144,479 from her LPGA Tour Money Lenders in 2019.